Monday, April 9, 2012

Barefoot Seasons, a Blackberry Island novel by Susan Mallery

Susan Mallery is an accomplished writer that not only shows her creativity but shows her wit in her books with a good dose of humor. She is able to give descriptions that are decisive and realistic, her characters take on a life of their own which enables you to actually feel their suffering, sadness, fear and at times their annoyances, but Susan Mallery is able to complete it with love, desire and happiness.

For reasons unknown to me, I could actually envision a Robert Redford type in Sam, always the gentleman, and always a man of integrity and so willing to assist when needed.  What I am saying is, the characters came to life easily in my mind, Sam was well suited with Carly and Gabby, yet it was easy to see how he and Michelle could fit together.
 
Jared, well now……. talk about a prince charming (Sam Elliott type in my mind).  I liked him from the get go. When Jared gave Michelle Chance, it was a perfect solution; it gave Michelle a reason to think of something other than herself and the many problems she faces.   Chance seemed to give her focus.
I fell in love with Blackberry Island and the Inn with its quirky employees.  I see this as a place anyone would enjoy.

Susan Mallery is able to weave an incredible amount of history of two childhood friends and how their circumstances affected each of their lives, which keeps you turning pages.
This book covers many issues from friendship to parents with the complications of relationships and the feelings of betrayal, but balanced with an incredible amount of love.
This is my first Susan Mallery book but not my last; from beginning to end I enjoyed this book, and give it a strong 5 stars!

Thanks Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment